Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

Inov8 Mudclaw 300's - 600 mile review

Well my mudclaws are still cracking on brilliantly, now zooming past the 600 mile point (628 miles and counting) and they still have plenty of life in them. The uppers, apart from looking grubby, are all holding together perfectly, with very little obvious wear and tear, and the shoes are still fantastically comfortable to wear running over short or long distances, soft or hard ground. 

I have to say that the studs are starting to take a battering (as can be seen in the pictures below) but they are still grippy and, incredibly, I reckon there's another hundred or two miles to be had out of them. Slightly worrying though is that its The Fellsman next weekend and, before the off, they have a notoriously rigid kit check, including a fell shoe check, and I'm not at all sure that my mudclaws will pass purely because of the state of the studs. I've therefore ordered a new pair of fellshoes from Pete Blands just in case - this time the hot off the press Inov8 mud claw 265's, which are extra specially good because they're red - but I really don't want to wear those on the Fellsman if I can help it. To my mind, on such a long run, grip isn't especially crucial at all whereas comfort and fit are, something I know my mudclaw 300's have. Anyway I'll cross that bridge next week.

In summary my mudclaw 300's are the best fell shoe I've ever had, by some margin. Lets see if I can get them to last for an 800 mile review!














5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha...I told you so! INOV8 mudclaws rock!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You been road running!? I usually wear the uppers out before the studs. Reckon it's time to treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope no road running although the ground was rock hard when I did the HPM and I guess a fair bit of the Haworth Hobble was on tarmac.

    ReplyDelete