Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

London Marathon training - session 2

Following last weeks first London Marathon training session, yesterday morning I ran the same route again, Shipley to Leeds along the canal towpath, with a view to pushing things a bit harder. And, from the way I felt as I staggered into work at the end, I certainly did push it 'a bit harder' and my legs felt fairly mangled for the rest of the day. As the towpath was so wet and sloppy last week, this time I wore my Inov8 X-Talon 212's (trail and fell running shoes... with a stupid name) with studs for better grip but, ironically, the towpath all the way was mostly dry yesterday and I could easily have run in my roadsters. 

The total route distance last week was 12.9 miles and yesterday I managed to do the same distance over 4 minutes quicker. I then continued running at the end though to the 13.1 mile mark so as to give myself an 'official' half marathon time which, I think, was a not half bad 1 hour 37 minutes and 29 seconds. In last year's Leeds Half Marathon race that time would have placed me, oooh, 400th-ish out of a race field of about 4,500, scraping me into the top 10% of finishers. Using that time in the Runner's World Race Time Predictor I can cleverly give myself a London Marathon estimated finishing time of 3 hours and 23 minutes which, at last year's London Marathon would have placed me 3,681st 'on the podium' out of about 35,000 runners. 

Haha, that's it then, there seems little point in actually running the race now!

No comments:

Post a Comment