Pages

Sunday 22 December 2013

The Full Monty

On Saturday it was off to the North York Moors with Hazzer to run 'the Full Monty' with Gav and Hester. I have absolutely no idea why its called the Full Monty but it's a fabulous (and fabulously muddy) 18.5 mile run in a loop from Cold Kirkby (a small hamlet not far from the top of Sutton Bank), invented I think by Gav and his Thirsk & Sowerby Harriers running chums. 

Anyway as usual it was a completely brilliant run, although a run in which my running wheels fell off big style - my right hamstring has a slight pull (picked up some time in the past two weeks) and, after about 8 miles, I was struggling with that, I then turned my left ankle and struggled on with that and, just to put the icing on the cake, it had been our Christmas shindig at work on Friday and I was struggling with that too. Never-the-less I managed to struggle through, although Hester and Gavin left me for dead on the final 2 mile run back up to Cold Kirkby. A darn fine and much needed cup of tea and tea cake at Stewart's house after - just the job.

Ze route

North York Moors ahoy!

The team forging on

The boy Hazzer cooling off

A tad muddy then

Not much of hill perhaps but too much for my hamstring of doom!

This churned up field was a frigging nightmare

My brand new X-Talon 212's (they're actually bright blue)

Still muddy

Riveaux Abbey

Just before Hester and Gavin ran off and left me

A man in tights

No comments:

Post a Comment