Pages

Monday 19 August 2013

A recce of leg 1 of the Bob Graham...... in the pissing rain of course!

I was supposed to be supporting leg 4 of Gareth's Bob Graham attempt on Saturday morning but got a text while camping overnight to say that he had jacked in at Dunmail after the second leg, having got too far behind schedule. That left me and fellow leg 4 supporter Carol stuck for a run so we decided to run over Skiddaw, Great Calva and Blencathra following the BG leg 1 route and then trot back to Keswick following the disused railway line. Harry and his springer spaniel friend Wallace were with me too and we all had a great, albeit rain drenched, time in the hills while my daughter Lauren was left hunkered down in our tent all morning (she's only just begrudgingly forgiven me!) 

Carol and Hazzer at the summit of Skiddaw

Through the bogs on the way to Great Calva half hidden in the mist
Wallace swimming the Caldew

Harry on Blencathra

Carol on top of Blencathra

Our route - about 18.2 miles by my watch

The weather was fantastically wet and windy and the photos don't come close to doing it justice so I took a very brief (and slightly crap) video of Carol coming down Doddick Fell which, I'm sure you'll agree, gives much better impression of the weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment