Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

Inov8 Mudclaw 265's - 200 Mile Review

Well nearer 225 miles actually. 

First off the 265's are about as comfortable a fell shoe as I've ever worn and I was able to wear them straight out of the box for the first time from the first day of my, Hes and Haz's 140 mile trek of the north Cornish coastal path with absolutely no trouble at all. The coastal path was largely rock, rubble and sand and since then, what with all the dry weather n'all, I've been wearing them a lot in the lakes running on rock, rubble, slate, gravel and dust. In fact I'm not sure that I've actually run with them in mud at all yet!

That does mean though that they've taken a bit of an unfair battering - in comparison the first 200 miles of my Mudclaw 300's was pretty much all in mud, snow or mud and snow - but I think they've come through so far in pretty good shape. There's a bit of wear on the studs but, because the soles are a softer material to the 300's (almost rubber rather than hard plastic), that's probably to be expected and the paint job on the uppers has a few scars and scratches too. All the same they're doing a great job so far and I love them to bits.

Not very muddy

But still grippy

The rubber stubby bit at the front might need a touch of super glue soon

No comments:

Post a Comment